Well-being Statement, Antur Waunfawr
The promotion of well-being, good health, happiness and enabling individuals, will be the focus for Antur Waunfawr and its future services, to meet the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014, Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015 and the Active Travel (Wales) Act 2013 .
Providing care, active support, training and meaningful work opportunities – effectively and commensurately to meet the needs of adults with learning disabilities as well as disadvantaged people locally.
As a social enterprise, Antur Waunfawr will meet the social, environmental, economic and cultural needs within the local community – in partnership, through the medium of Welsh or his/her preferred language.
Our aim is to create an innovative, equal, productive and low carbon society by nurturing a family of sustainable local businesses – from grass roots activity to striving for resilient communities and well-being for all.
Aims and Objectives, Antur Waunfawr
• Providing meaningful work and activity and opportunities for progressive training in an environment supportive of under-privileged individuals and individuals with disabilities.
• Providing high standard housing and offering support and respect to encourage individuals to live full and independent lives as tenants.
• Providing sustainable plans and professional services for reusing and recycling in north Wales in cooperation with statutory and private
• Developing models of person-centred planning and promoting Active Support in the individuals’ personal plans, and ensuring
that the process continues throughout Antur’s activities and work.
• Promoting the concept of integration and healthy living in all aspects of services and activities in order to address good health, well-being and happiness which meets the individuals’ needs.
•Providing accessible facilities for visitors, customers and the local community, and promoting interest and sustainable sources of income from our activities and sites.
• Developing sustainable activities that are compatible with the needs of the Waunfawr and Caernarfon area and supporting the wider community, and protecting the environment.
• Forming a new well-being centre and hub for our cycling business in Porth yr Aur, Caernarfon.
• Being an exceptional and progressive employer, and promoting the local language, culture and economy.