We believe that staff development and appropriate training is key to fulfilling the needs of our present and future services.
The staff are amongst Antur Waunfawr’s most important assets, and it’s crucial that individuals realise their full potential and feel confident in their work. Antur has an annual Training and Development Scheme, based on the body’s priorities, which also ensures that we, as an employer, fulfil all the staff needs, the service needs, and the statutory and legal needs. We have outlined below our main training priorities:
- Leadership and management training programme over a period of two years – short courses and long term courses.
- Information Technology Training with emphasis on the appropriate level of skills required for the job.
- Vocational Training in Care, which has existed for two years – Level 2, 3 and 4.
- Health and Safety Training which includes a wide range of necessary elements in this area.
- Specialist training to complement the development of our multiple needs service.